Study In New Zealand


study in New Zealand

New Zealand, an established democracy, provides an attractive and conducive study atmosphere. There are a number of government-funded institutions in the country that provide both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Needless to say, the quality of education in the country is world-class.

The country has a progressive education system with excellent facilities on offer. There are support services available for international students. A range of academic, professional, and vocational courses is available to students. New Zealand, at present, has more than 20000 international students pursuing different courses at different levels. In fact, the institutions in the country are known for producing top-notch professionals.

New Zealand welcomes people from all cultures and countries around the world, although you will probably need a visa. Luckily, New Zealand has visa offices around the world so it should be easy for you to get the ball rolling, wherever you happen to be

Everyone who comes to study in New Zealand from overseas must meet certain rules and requirements. If you are coming to New Zealand to study for more than three months, you will need a student visa or permit. In this article you can find out whether you need a visa or permit, whether you'll qualify, and what a student visa or permit will allow you to do.

Requirements for a student visa or permit

Before you apply, ensure that you understand the requirements that you need to meet, and the requirements that your course must meet.

The first essential is to have an offer of a place from a New Zealand education provider. The offer must include:

  • the name of the course and the minimum time required for completing it
  • proof that the course and course provider meet New Zealand’s requirements for international students
  • the amount of the fee for the complete course or, if the course is longer than one year, the annual fee
  • whether you have to pay course fees and whether the fees are domestic or foreign
  • whether you are studying full-time or part-time.
  • Your course must be approved by the NZQA.